I pulled Windows 8 out of production this weekend. This coming from someone who put Vista into production. (Vista, an Unwelcome Guest)
I really tried to work with Windows 8, but it just doesn’t work as an upgrade on my system setup.
- The START8 button would freeze up (3rd party Start button since we imagine we don’t need a Start button)
- Outlook 2010 would freeze and need to be restarted. (Not supported on Windows 8 RT)
- Annoying blotches of pixelation on one of my monitors.
- Microsoft’s People/Messenging app is a failure and there is no 3rd party app to replace it.
- Lack of apps. Spent hours looking through the store and only found a handful that were of interest or of any use.
I guess there was no way to know all of this when running the preview in a virtual environment and not really having it in production.
Yes, I really wanted to jump on board, but conclude that Windows 8 is a “cut to code: FAIL” at this time and will be reviewed next year with the first Service Pack release of Windows 8 and not a day sooner.