Clear Screen Cover that Charges Devices:
A startup called Ubiquitous Energy has been showing prototypes of a translucent film that charges devices with solar energy. The idea is that in the future, the film could be built into device screens, passively juicing your Nexus 7 anytime you read by a sunny window or in the park. It could even keep devices charged during trips to countries for which you don’t have the right plugs. Read on…
Tips & Tricks
Cool Down an Overheated Laptop
Google Cloud Print – A Complete Guide
How to Launch Word 2013 with Blank Document
Password Protect Start-up of an Outlook Mail Profile
Windows 8.1 Basics: Properly Close Down Modern Apps
What is Catfishing?
Catfishing is a kind of social engineering. It’s similar to messages that claim that your computer has a virus, that you’ve won a lottery, or that you can earn money for little or no effort on your part. All of these scams are designed to “hook” you with fear, vanity, and too-good-to-be-true offers. The cybercriminal in a catfishing scam might post fake pictures or send encouraging messages to entice you into a relationship, but the goal is the same as in other scams: The scammer wants to steal your personal information, your money, or both. Read on…
Bonus Tip of the Month:
Outlook 2013 has some cool new features: Attachment reminder, IMAP improvements, People HUB and Weather bar. It is definitely an upgrade from Outlook 2010 and is worth a look see.
If you want to give Office 2013 a try yourself, you can sign up for a free 1 month trial for Office 365 Home Premium or a 60 day trial of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.
Here are a few questions and tips for Outlook 2013.
- Which versions of Windows does Outlook 2013 support?
- Which version of Exchange does Outlook 2013 support?
- Where is the To-Do Bar?
- What does “Link Contacts” do?
- How do I get back the full contact editing window?
- How can I stop Outlook from showing the first line of a message in my message list?
- Where is the read/unread/forwarded/replied message envelope icon?
- Can I decrease the font size that is being used in the message list?
- Why aren’t my folders sorted alphabetically?
- Why doesn’t Gmail sync via ActiveSync settings?
- Can I change the color of the Outlook theme to black, blue or silver?