Yahoo has just unveiled a new system that bypasses the need for a password when logging into Yahoo Mail. The new service, which has been dubbed “on demand passwords,” simply sends you a password on an as-needed basis, which are texted to your mobile phone when you need them. You no longer have to memorize a difficult password to sign in to your account.
Simply follow the steps below:
1) Sign in to your Yahoo.com account.
2) Click on your name at the top right corner to go to your account information page.
3) Select “Security” in the left bar.
4) Click on the slider for “On-demand passwords” to opt-in.
5) Enter your phone number and Yahoo will send you a verification code.
6) Enter the code and you are good to go!
The next time you sign-in, Yahoo will send a password to your phone when you need it to log in. On-demand passwords is now available for U.S. users.